Pages

Tuesday 5 April 2011

Sleep...Sleep..Sleep


Getting enough of this?
There are plenty of nights that I feel like I don't get enough sleep. I find I am over tired at bedtime or my mind is over racing of the things to do tomorrow. Which is super annoying because I can't do anything about what needs to be done tomorrow, while it's midnight!

A few tips to a better nights sleep.
  • Journal or make lists before bed, it takes our mind off of what needs to be done. It also helps us remember them the next day.
  • Sleep with a fan on or a sound maker for white noise. I sleep while i open my window just to get fresh air every night. If I don't have it on I can't fall asleep. It totally helps me but sometimes killing me.
  • Keep the temperature of your room 70 degrees but here my GOD damn bloody cold.. 
  • Try and keep our bedtime the same time every night. our body will know bedtime is coming and start preparing to relax. I am not really good at this one, I try and be in bed by 11:00-11:30 pm but sometimes i always go till midnight because had lots of thing to do..
  • Keep our cell phone away from our bed. but u know even do put my cell phone underneath my pillow,they doesn't disturb me at all,because i cant hear anything..hahhahahah..But might be u should put your cell phone silence,this way you are not tempted to check just 1 more email, or read that text message that you just heard be delivered.
  • Keep laptops, work  and TV's our of bedrooms. Beds are for sleeping, and relaxing.
  • Take a hot bath or shower before bed. This helps your body relax and be able to fall asleep. This is one I really would like to do but I always take WAY to hot of showers and then I am overheated and can't fall asleep.
  • Make a bedtime routine. Wash your face, brush your teeth, pj's whatever your routine is. This way your body will recognize that bedtime is coming. 
Why is sleep so important? 
Sleeping is just  as important to our health as is eating well and getting exercise. It is damaging to our health and bodies to overworked  and not get enough rest.  While we are sleeping our bodies repair, strengthen, recover from the daily workouts and stresses in our lives.

I find on nights that I get a good nights sleep, I preform better the next day. I am stronger in my workouts, nicer to my kids and husband, and just less irritable.

What are your bedtime tricks?
How many hours of sleep do you get?
How many hours would you like to get?


Now my bedtime coming..night2 buddy..xoxo


0 comments:


I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...